We all love travelling. Some of us are mountain people, and some of us are Beach people. Some like travelling with friends and family and some alone. Here are the travel quotes for solo travellers that inspire them to wander around alone.
Travelling is always exciting and so much fun. When you travel with friends and family, you have great conversations, roam around together, play games and have fun. You make memories with your loved ones for a lifetime.
But travelling solo is a whole different experience. When you travel alone, you get to meet new people and build new relationships. You come out of your comfort zone and explore as much as you can. Solo travel quotes will help you with this.
Solo Trips – What’s the use?
When you travel alone, you will get to spend time with strangers and understand their cultures. Their behavior and explore the place on a whole new level. You will get to learn a lot about the place you visited when you go on solo trips.
Also, travelling alone means so much of Me Time. You will get to know yourself better, your likes, dislikes, and will definitely become more confident, self-aware, and self-reliable. Travelling solo can both be a refreshing or scary experience.
As much as it sounds exciting Solo Travel can be scary as well. When you want to visit a new place you are not aware of, you will be afraid of what might come in future. But that’s the fun. That’s how you learn to live and face everything alone.
Here in this article, we have curated a list of solo travel quotes by various people that will inspire and motivate you to travel alone.
Solo Travel Quotes | Inspiring and Motivational
Travelling itself is Adventure, and people who travel solo are the masters of Adventure. Here are some of the best Travel alone quotes.
- “If you never go, you will never know!” -Unknown
- “Just because my path is different, doesn’t mean I am lost!” -Unknown
- “Some journeys can be only traveled alone!” – Ken Poirot
- “Traveling the world on my own made me more conﬁdent. I am me now!” -Unknown
- “Waiting for the perfect moment to travel? It is here right now!” -Unknown
- “You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!” -Unknown
- “A nomad I will remain for life, in love with distant and uncharted places.” – Isabelle Eberhardt
- “A person susceptible to ‘Wanderlust’ is not so much addicted to movement as committed to transformation.” – Pico Iyer
- “A ship is safe in the harbor, but that’s not what ships are built for.” – Gael Attal
- “Adventure can be an end in itself. Self-discovery is the secret ingredient.” – Grace Lichtenstein
- “Adventure should be part of everyone’s life. It is the whole difference between being fully alive and just existing.” – Holly Morris
- “All you need to know is that it’s possible.” -Wolf, an Appalachian Trail Hiker
- “Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to require the most from you.” – Caroline Myss
- “Anybody can be an explorer if they want to be. You can be an astronaut if you want. Figure out what you want to do, and then go do it.” – Helen Thayer
- “As you travel solo, being totally responsible for yourself, it’s inevitable that you will discover just how capable you are!”
- “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.”- Helen Keller
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”― Jack Kerouac
- “Boldness, be my friend!” -Shakespeare
- “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.”- Mary Ritter Beard
- “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
Travel Quotes for People who are Afraid of Travelling Alone
Below you can find some of the best Solo Travel Quotes for those people who are afraid of traveling alone. These Quotes will let you understand the True Essence of solo travelling.
- “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for Travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.” – Mae West
- “Half the fun of travel is the aesthetic of lostness.” – Ray Bradbury
- “I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question” – Harun Yahya
- “I am never happier than when I am alone in a foreign city; it is as if I had become invisible.” — Storm Jameson
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “I am of course lost in this journey I’m on, but I do remain confident, though I am lost it will be a great adventure, this Adventure will surpass my wildest imagination. So call me a fool, but I’m happy to be lost.” – Micheline Jean Louis
- “I did not want to be depressed by the gap existing between my weakness and my ambition.” – Ella Maillart
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
- “I have traveled many roads in my life. Some were imbued with pain and I needed to avert my gaze. Others were so beautiful that I would have remained there forever. But always, at some point in these routes, I reached a place where I encountered myself.” – Pablo Holmberg
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
- “I learned my strengths and my weaknesses. I experienced the exhilaration of the ups and the despairs of the lows and most of the feelings in between… I learned courage and I learned it myself” – Ann Stirk
- “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
- “I think one travels more usefully when they travel alone, because they reflect more.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “I used to be a pedestrian before, now I am a rider on the same road.” – Piyush Paudyal
- “I was forced to wander, having no one, forced by my nature to keep wandering because wandering was the only thing that I believed in, and the only thing that believed in me.” — Roman Payne
- “I wondered why it was that places are so much lovelier when one is alone.” – Daphne Du Maurier
- “I, too, once journeyed beyond the stars.” – Elizabeth Lim
- “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning how to sail my ship.” – Mary Louise Alcott
Best Solo Travel Quotes | Inspiring and Motivating
If you want motivation to travel solo, here are some of the best quotes from famous and successful people.
- “If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone.” – Maxwell Maltz
- “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J. K. Rowling
- “It is pointless to embark on any journey if you do not believe yourself worthy of the destination.” – Anthon St. Maarten
- “It’s a long ride home with nothing but me for company. I bore myself sometimes. Not often. Just now and again.” – A.J. Hartley & David Hewson
- “It’s amazing how many different roads we can take, but they all lead home.” – Jewel E. Ann
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
- “Life is a journey with big rocks to climb, little ones to trip over, and milestones to mark where we have been.” – David Cuschieri
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” -Helen Keller
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion with one’s courage.” – Anaïs Nin
- “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” -Stephen Covey
- “Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.” — Henry Rollins
- “Maybe happy endings were real, as long as you understood that they weren’t endings, but steps on the road.” – Katharine McGee
- “My alone feels so good — I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.” — Warsan Shire
- “Never did the world make a queen of a girl who hides in houses and dreams without travelling.” ― Roman Payne, The Wanderess
- “Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone.” – Wendell Berry
- “Not I, nor anyone else, can travel that road for you. You must travel it for yourself.” – Walt Whitman
- “On the path to greatness, life teaches you to walk with stones in your shoes.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” -Lawrence Block
- “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
Travel Alone | Solo Trip Quotes
If you are skeptical about traveling alone, these quotes will inspire you to give solo trip a try and do something adventurous in your life.
- “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know” – Socrates
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
- “The real work of an expedition begins when you return.” – Louise Arner Boyd
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” -Agustine of Hippo
- “Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you.” – Ewan Mcgregor
- “There are some places in life where you can only go alone. Embrace the beauty of your solo journey.” – Mandy Hale
- “There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.” – Jack Kerouac
- “This is the journey of your life. Don’t try to explain it to others, because only you can see it.” – Nitin Namdeo
- “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. You are surrounded by Adventure. You have no idea of what is in store for you, but you will, if you are wise and know the art of Travel, let yourself go on the stream of the unknown.” – Freya Stark
- “To me, travel is more valuable than any stupid piece of bling money can buy.” – Raquel Cepeda
- “To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Travel doesn’t become an adventure until you leave yourself behind.” – Marty Rubin
- “Travel is an investment on yourself” -Anonymous
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” -Gustav Flaubert
- “Travel only with thy equals or thy betters; if there are none, travel alone.” — Buddha
- “Travel opens your mind a few other things do. It is its own form of hypnotism, and I am forever under its spell.”- Libba bray
- “Traveling alone will be the scariest, most liberating, life-changing experience of your life. Try it at least once!” -Unknown
Best Solo Trip Quotes | Get Inspired to Travel Alone
Traveling with friends and family is of course fun. But when you travel alone you will rediscover yourself. Here are some of the best solo travel quotes for you.
- “Traveling is not something you’re good at. It’s something you do. Like breathing.” – Gayle Forman
- “Watching Sunsets around the world is boring – no one ever said” -Unknown
- “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and Adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” – Anaïs Nin
- “When a thing beckons you to explore it without telling you why or how this is not a red herring; it’s a map.” – Gina Greenlee
- “You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
- “You do not travel if you are afraid of the unknown, you travel for the unknown, that reveals you with yourself.”- Ella Maillart
- “You don’t need magic to disappear, all you need is a destination and a great hostel!” -Unknown
- “You have to get lost before you can be found” – Jeff Rasley
- “You must go on adventures to find out where you belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
- “Dare to live the life you always wanted” -Unknown
- “Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it?” – Caroline Myss
- “Everywhere you go, you shall find dramatic splendour and awe because your majestic soul is part of the vivid whole, and nothing about you is ignoble.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
- “I’ve not ceased being fearful, I’ve gone ahead despite the pounding in my heart that says: turn back, turn back, you’ll die if you go too far.” – Erica Jong
- “If you don’t get out of the box you’ve been raised in, you won’t understand how much bigger the world is.” – Angelina Jolie
- “If you don’t get out of the box you’ve been raised in, you won’t understand how much bigger the world is.” – Angelina Jolie
- “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you are always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
- “Some journeys take you farther from where you come from, but closer to where you belong.” – Ron Franscell
- “The best trip is the journey you take in finding yourself.” – Angela Vallely
- “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
These are some of the best solo travel quotes that will inspire and motivate you to have a fun-filled adventurous life. I hope now you will try to travel alone and have all the fantastic experiences of solo trips.
Thanks for reading, and please keep checking our website for more articles like this.