If you want to engage potential customers, expand your customer base, and increase your business revenue, consider investing in lead generation. Lead generation helps to identify prospects based on their actions and guides them to become customers.
The lead generation process for small businesses can be challenging, especially when you do not have the relevant digital marketing experience. Read on for practical tips for lead generation for a small business.
Set up local SEO
The best way to generate leads for a small business like an automotive repair shop and make it stand out is through building local automotive SEO. Local search engine optimization makes your business organization more visible on search results to prospects within your geographical location. To build your local SEO, you should:
- Claim and optimize your Google My Business page
- Optimize your website for mobile phone use
- Seek reviews and ratings from existing happy clients on various platforms by offering incentives
- Create authentic, beneficial, unique, and informative content
- Ensure each website copy has relevant keywords
- Include business directories and listings
- Add meta description with relevant keywords to your web pages
Creating local SEO can be challenging, especially when you lack basic knowledge of SEO, which is why you should hire an SEO company to achieve the desired outcome.
Start a blog
The best way to establish that you are an authority in your area of expertise and build trust with your potential customers is through blogging. A blog can feature videos, images, audio, articles, galleries, infographics, and podcasts, just to mention a few.
To turn your leads into customers, ensure that the content you publish on your blog posts answers the questions prospects search for. That said, ensure that you optimize your content by learning and applying various SEO techniques to improve your rankings on different search engines.
Use email marketing
While emailing is one of the oldest forms of communication, it remains one of the best ways to generate leads and convert them into actual sales for your business. This is because you are sure that the email recipients are interested in your products and services, especially when you did not create your email list offline. Besides, with email marketing, you are guaranteed immediate feedback and a $38 return on investment on every dollar you spend on this marketing campaign.
To achieve the desired effect with email marketing, consider personalizing your emails and creating quality content aligned with the audience’s interests and behaviors.
You can gauge the performance of your email marketing campaign by using tools such as MailChimp or Constant Contact to determine how often your emails were open and the click-through rate.
Use social media marketing
Over 3.6 billion people, including your prospective customers, use social media platforms today. And this is where you need to be too. This helps you connect with your prospects, identify their needs through the feedback you get, and avail helpful information about your products and services.
To generate leads through social media, you should;
- Identify a social media platform that your potential customers prefer, including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Create a business profile on the preferred channel
- Share relevant content. Depending on your time commitment, you could share original or curated content
- Post-audience-specific ads depending on your prospect’s interests and behavior
- Promote your profile on your website and other social media channels to reach as many prospects as possible
- Engage with your potential customers in an informative manner. Be careful not to be too salesy
- For networking purposes, follow influential persons in your industry
Take advantage of existing customer referrals
You do not have to spend thousands of dollars to generate leads for your business. Instead, you could rely on free advertising from your existing customers.
Often, prospects will prefer a recommendation from word of mouth over a persuasive advert on your website or social media platforms. This is because prospects view referrals as genuine and authentic since they come from people they can trust.
You should strive to have people who can vouch for your products and services. Not sure how to go about this? It is simple! You just have to ensure that you offer quality products and services.
You could also build a referral program to encourage existing satisfied customers to refer you to their friends, relatives, and colleagues.
Want to build trust with existing and potential customers, introduce new products in the market and get instant feedback about your services? Consider hosting events such as seminars, conferences, and webinars. An event allows you to interact with your prospects and talk about your products, which helps you to establish credibility.
Ensure that you promote your event on various social media platforms while emphasizing its relevance to spike the interest of your target audience. Next, provide a form where prospects can confirm attendance to help you plan. Once you hold the event, follow up on the attendees to obtain feedback and persuade them to become customers.
Guest post on various sites
You do not have to limit your expertise to your blog or website. Instead, consider guest posting on other relevant sites. This allows you to network with like-minded professionals and present yourself as an expert. You reach a larger audience, increase sales volume, and expand your business through guest posting. To guest post, you should:
- Identify authority websites
- Create authentic, unique, informational, and helpful content
- Add links to your posts to valuable resources from your website
- Mention your site on the post if you are guest posting on a local print publication
You can employ other ways beyond your media to reach more potential customers, including giving interviews, answering queries relevant to your target audience on different platforms such as Quora, and hiring influencers.
Lead generation is an effective marketing process that helps identify and convert prospects into customers. To generate leads for your small business and increase your sales volume and profits, consider setting up local SEO, starting a blog, hosting events, and using email and social media marketing.