Sex toys are a whole lot of fun to have in the bedroom, whether you are in a relationship or not. But, if you’ve been toying with the idea (pun intended) of buying an adult sex toy, but you can’t quite make up your mind, then this is the article for you. We’re going to talk about how buying sex toys may help improve your general health. Good fun and medicinal – what’s not to like?!
Using an adult sex toy can genuinely work wonders for your mental health and well-being. Here are some examples.
- Sexual gratification: Those who frequently use sex toys report experiencing greater sexual gratification across the board. This is because exploring your body helps you to better understand yourself and what gets you off.
- Improved self-esteem: When you begin to learn the ins and outs of your body, you will develop a deeper appreciation for it. Those who experiment with different sensations and pleasure themselves tend to feel much better about their bodies than those who don’t.
- Better sleep: When you climax, your body releases the sleep-inducing hormone prolactin. If you’ve been struggling to get plenty of sleep, then you should try masturbating before bed.
- Alleviate sexual dysfunction: Some people struggle to achieve orgasm, and the right sex toy may be able to help you overcome that issue. The same applies to maintaining an erection – sometimes, a little stimulation from the right sex toy can help keep a man hard and raring to go.
- Combat stress: Regularly climaxing can help alleviate your stress by releasing the ‘feel-good’ hormones oxytocin and serotonin. You can quite literally rub your stress out.
- Aid heart health: Not only is sex and masturbation great for cardiovascular health, but the endorphins can help to reduce stress, thus putting less pressure on your heart. In matters of the heart, some regular sexual gratification goes a long way.
- Keep your vagina healthy: Regularly masturbating with a vibrator stimulates the vagina, secreting natural moisture (or ‘nature’s lubricant), which improves elasticity – essentiality for vaginal health.
- Reduce pain: The brain area involved in pain reduction is highly active during arousal. Endorphins are released, which reduces feelings of pain. Suffering from joint pain or a migraine? Get your sex toy out and play the pain away!
Masturbation and playing with sex toys are good for the soul! When it comes to sex, you should be completely shame-free. Many people struggle with anxiety related to cultural, spiritual, or religious ideals, which sometimes refer to masturbation or any method of non-traditional sex as being dirty or sinful. We are here to tell you that they are wrong!
Using sex toys to masturbate is your given right, and masturbation is the healthiest and most natural thing in the world. So, touch yourself and feel every ounce of pleasure that you desire. This is deeply personal to you, so don’t you dare feel ashamed of what other people might think. Take care of yourself – doctor’s orders.