Finding love has never been as straightforward as it is now. It does not matter if you are on the hunt for long-lasting love or only interested in dipping your toe in the dating pool after a hiatus; you can always try various options, with digital dating being the best.
Online dating and digital dating apps are experiencing a massive surge in popularity in the UK. These sites are considered the most popular ways to connect with like-minded people. With over 1,400 dating sites in the UK alone, you can easily join and meet people from all walks of life and interests. Considering the demand, new players are entering the market, making the range of dating platforms bigger than ever.
Whether you are passionate about dogs, crazy about games, or a connoisseur of old wines, know that a potential match is just a few clicks away. Not only this, you do not have to limit your choices to your own specific area. With location-specific features, GPS tracking, and new software solutions, you can try free online dating sites in Glasgow and find partners in Manchester and other parts of the country. It is all about using various filters and getting the most relevant matches in no time.
Growing Popularity of Digital Dating in the UK
Statistics show that the US is still leading the way when it comes to online dating sites, with over 53 million Americans using different dating platforms. Things are also getting interesting in the UK as well, where a good majority of couples still meet and interact in the real world. Still, digital dating has already become a pronounced trend among millennials and younger people.
A survey recently found that about 18% of Brits meet partners through work, whereas 15% meet at pubs, restaurants, and parks. However, more than 32% of new couples met on the Internet between 2015 and 2019. The percentage was around 19% by 2014, which suggests that Brits are becoming more comfortable with the idea of finding love and romantic partners online.
Interesting Stats About Online Dating in the UK
From Manchester to London and Glasgow to Birmingham, people in the UK turn to online dating sites for flirting and finding new romantic connections. However, the trend is more pronounced among men, as about 85% of online users are male. They may look a bit too anxious to find love and exchange engagement rings, but women are now also resorting to online dating to meet new people privately and securely.
With so many Brits interested in digital dating, the industry grows quickly and boosts the overall economy with £14.5 billion a year. Experts believe that revenues are likely to grow at an annual rate of 1.92%. The growth rate is definitely going to be higher than what is projected because 35% of Brits were single in 2019, and most of them are likely to use online dating to meet a partner.
It is believed that 25 to 29-year-olds are more likely to join dating sites in the UK, but mature dating is becoming just as popular. You can find so many success stories from40-45 year-olds about how the Internet has helped them find love in life. According to YouGov, over 11% of people over 40 meet through dating sites in the UK.
What Brits Truly Like About Online Dating?
There are so many reasons why digital dating in the UK is growing so exponentially. For instance:
- Being able to find partners locally is a big thing. With geo-location features, you can use Glasgow dating sites to find someone living next door or meet a guy from the neighborhood.
- Modern matchmaking services are extremely secure now, as most of them do not limit their security protocols to SSL encryption. Many top players rely on 3D facial recognition, 2-Factor Authentication, Anonymous Browsing, and more. Feeling secure while browsing has definitely made Brits change their minds about digital dating.
- Easy sign-up, improved navigation, and advanced matchmaking algorithms have also improved the overall dating experience for Brits. The ease of using a site means even older individuals who may not be as tech-savvy as their younger counterparts can utilize the option.
- Being able to find relevant matches is another reason why dating sites are gaining popularity in the UK. These sites now rely on advanced matchmaking algorithms as well as machine learning and consider your usage on the platform to suggest the most suitable matches. Picking your partner is easy with personality profiles, compatibility scores, and extensive relationship advice.
- The list of filters is no longer restricted as it once was in the past. Where you could only search for partners based on hair color, eye color, height, etc., you can now expand your search using filters and find people who do not smoke, are vaccinated, love a certain genre of music, and live in a certain area.
- Mature dating is a breeze because older individuals do not worry about being judged when using these sites. Many sites categorize members into multiple personality traits, making finding the best match for older adults easier.
- A large percentage of otherwise ignored LGBTQ individuals now turn towards the Internet and play a big role in making digital dating in the UK as popular as it is now. The chat rooms on these sites are also packed with features and allow gay and lesbian singles not just to find a partner but also to consume information necessary for exploring their sexuality.
The fact of the matter is that digital matchmaking services are a growing trend in the UK, and you can find people in London, Glasgow, Wales, and other parts of England showing great interest in meeting partners online. You should definitely give it a shot, but pick a secure dating platform. Practice some caution when interacting with someone for the first time. Listen to what your heart says and report a suspicious user without thinking twice. Take advantage of text messaging, video chat, and other communication options before you decide to meet someone in person. Taking certain steps to ensure better security is going to improve your overall dating experience in the UK.