Social media marketing has become an essential part of growing your business online. With Twitter hitting more than 200 million monetizable daily active users, it’s high time you took advantage of this potential market. Therefore, you need to focus on growing Twitter followers to increase your customer base and potential clients. But how do you do that? The answer lies in knowing how to promote tweets on the platform to grow your small business. Read on.
Why Should Small Businesses Use Twitter?
1. Engage With Potential Customers
There are a lot of customers online, and Twitter is one of the platforms that you can use to engage with customers. For example, when you post information about your services and products on Twitter, potential customers can share their thoughts and feelings about the posted images and videos.
When the target audience leaves feedback about the products and services you have posted, you can gather information on how to make your product better. So, Twitter helps in engaging with customers and improving your small business.
2. Create Business Networks
As mentioned earlier, when you post your products and services on Twitter, people begin to comment on your Tweets. The good thing about this is that it allows you to meet potential partners, business contacts, and employees. If it were not for the Twitter platform, it would have been harder to meet these people face to face.
3. Monitor Competition
Other than talking to potential customers, Twitter can provide you with a place where you can see what your competitors are doing. Through Twitter, you can monitor what bug businesses are doing and translate it into your business. Thanks to Twitter, you can catch up on the latest technology, products, and services, ensuring you remain relevant in the market.
4. Helps to Build Your Brand
After creating an account on Twitter, you will realize that there are people who are following your brand. The truth about people who follow your brand is that there is a significant likelihood that they will visit your small business’ website.
In addition, having a Twitter account shows your target audience that you want to engage with them. Therefore, you should create an account and post tweets that your customers recognize, as this will gradually build your brand.
Marketing Strategies for Small Business Owners on Twitter
It would be best if you established a marketing strategy to get people to engage with your tweets. However, before establishing a marketing strategy, there are things that you should consider.
1. Establish Your Values and Voice
First is determining your values and voice. Your voice and values are how your target audience will recognize you. Therefore, you should focus on the kind of voice you will be using in your Tweets and watch how people respond to them. It is essential to note that as your small business picks, you should help your business partners use the same voice and values. Consistency is key.
2. Understand Your Customers
What do your customers want? Where do their interests lie? Are your tweets in line with their interests? These questions can help you better understand your audience and potential clients. Therefore, do your due diligence and know what your customers like. More people will engage and follow your brand when your Tweet is interesting.
So, what is the next step after this?
3. Set Reasonable Goals and Measure Success
How do you determine whether your marketing strategy is effective? The only way to do so is by setting achievable goals. For instance, how many followers do you want to have after a month?
Therefore, you should list your goals and track what is effective and what’s not. Twitter analytics can be a valuable tool for tracking your goals. Some of the things that the tool can help keep track of are:
- Comments, Retweets, and likes.
- How many people are talking about your brand?
- How many views do you have?
After you have achieved your listed goals, you can set higher ones.
4. Reply to Your Customers’ Comments
Ensure you have turned on notifications to know when a customer has commented on your Tweet, or your business is mentioned. This is important in creating a pool of customers who love your business and offer useful and actionable feedback.
You should also not be afraid of negative feedback or comments. The truth is some of those negative comments might be true, and you need to read them to know how to improve your business.
5. Look for the Most Useful Creative Tools
It can be challenging to know how to create good content on Twitter. You need to have exciting videos that speak volumes about your growing business. Here are some ways that you can make creative content:
- Research the best video editing apps to ensure that you can remove any irrelevant sections in your video.
- Take advantage of tools like Canva that show the content you’ve made belongs to your brand.
- Consider taking photos with your smartphone, as they look more natural. Ensure your phone has an excellent camera: you don’t want poor-quality images.
What Other Marketing Tips Can Grow Your Small Business on Twitter
- Share your best content: go through your content and choose which one will grab your customers’ attention.
- Look for social media influencers: there are people with a large fan base on Twitter. Therefore, try and look for people who can be suitable for your business, and their presence on your platform will do wonders.
- Build hype if you’re launching a new product: people love suspense and excitement, and when you want to launch a new product, it is essential that you build hype so that more people can tune in and wait for the product launch.
Twitter can be challenging to use, and it occasionally seems like you are tweeting into nothing. However, it takes time to develop your target audience on Twitter. With these marketing tips, you can grow your small business by promoting tweets on Twitter. So be patient; it will be worthwhile.