Digitalization penetrated almost all areas of life. And this is especially true for medical servicing. According to GVR, the world’s healthcare IT market was estimated at $167.7 bln in 2022. Moreover, analysts expect this industry will grow by over 16% annually by 2023. Experts believe the high popularity of healthcare software solutions is because such apps help enhance medical service quality, save time, and significantly decrease expenses.
Numerous kinds of healthcare applications exist nowadays. However, specialists recommend choosing software from trustworthy developers (e.g., Intetics) only. Such IT companies provide medical facilities with qualitative apps and offer favorable pricing. Furthermore, reputable development teams propose a broad menu of healthcare software. This allows the creation of comprehensive servicing systems for hospitals. But let’s view the key features of different medical apps.
Classes of Healthcare Software Solutions
Presently, the medical industry employs the following main kinds of applications:
- therapeutic and diagnostic ones;
- applications that run medical equipment;
- software allowing you to control the quality of healthcare devices;
- apps that are employed as a part of medical equipment production.
Additionally, it’s worth noting that healthcare apps may be on-premise and cloud-based.
Most Common Medical Applications
Initially, booking software should be noted. Such apps simplify admin duties and take some load off administrators. As a result, admins are able to serve many more patients. Booking applications can also improve corporate marketing strategies. That’s because you can implement the following features into your medical admin apps:
- pre-payment options to decrease the probability of patient failure-to-appears and visit cancellations;
- sufferer surveys (e.g., to discover where people first heard about your hospital);
- tracking channels (medical forums, social media communities, etc.) through which patients found your clinic.
Furthermore, you may create separate links to book appointments with certain doctors, order specific services, and so on.
Health Record Applications
Such software enables noting all health problems of patients. As a result, doctors may view the comprehensive medical histories of people before treating them. This therapy approach has the following advantages:
- Physicians can make evidence-based decisions. That’s because by using health record apps, they may organize, interpret, and adequately react to critical information about their patients.
- Doctors receive simplified communication channels with colleagues. The specified software typically includes comments from nurses, medical research results provided by labs or imaging centers, and many more.
- Medics can quickly observe necessary info about patients in emergency cases. This is especially essential for elderly people.
Furthermore, physicians may prescribe pills online and send the prescriptions directly to certain pharmacies. This saves the patient time and makes medicine purchasing much more convenient.
Healthcare CRM Solutions
Such applications typically store data about patient visits, comments, and preferences. Using the mentioned apps, you can do the following things:
- personalize the communications with sufferers (e.g., set up SMS and email notifications);
- determine the average age of your patients or even their financial statuses;
- set reminders for regular medical check-ups.
The specified features help not only increase sufferer satisfaction but also significantly improve patient retention.
Telemedicine Software Solutions
Nowadays, online medical consultations are becoming increasingly popular worldwide. Patients use the described services to pass post-operative check-ups, cure minor issues, etc. Such an approach helps save time and takes the load off real-life medical facilities. Telemedicine application usage opens the following opportunities:
- ability to convert bookings to online consultations;
- possibility to share healthcare screens with sufferers so that they to engage in their own care;
- ability to send personalized links to videos with premium medical information.
According to Cross River Therapy, 37% of adults employed telemedicine in 2022. For comparison, within 2021, such services were used only by up to 17% of people over 18. And experts predict that telemedicine will become a common thing soon.
Medical Billing Apps
Some healthcare services are incredibly expensive. Let’s take a look at a few costly medical procedures (prices were taken from aoc-insurancebroker.com):
- intestinal transplant costs more than $1.2 mln;
- heart transplantations are worth up to $790,000;
- surgery of retinal lesions costs more than $153,000
- tracheotomy is worth up to $205,000.
Such huge payments require strict control. Medical billing applications allow easy tracking of ongoing transactions. Furthermore, the mentioned healthcare software provides secure payment processing. Thus, the described apps help avoid the following problems:
- transaction information losses;
- patient payment delays;
- transaction confusing (that’s particularly typical for huge clinics receiving numerous payments per day).
Smoothly operating payment systems are able to not only improve accounting department effectiveness but even save patient lives (for instance, when a sufferer needs urgent expensive surgery and every minute counts).
Medical Diagnosis Software
Such applications make decisions using AI. Here, doctors exchange anonymous data about their patients, and an app automatically shows a diagnosis by employing info from the corresponding knowledge bases. In this case, a diagnostic is performed based on comprehensive initial data. Furthermore, software can’t make a mistake or miss important information when diagnosing. As a result, the probability of a wrong diagnosis making is close to zero.
Live physicians, on the other hand, are often overloaded. This is especially true for state clinics. Thus, such busy doctors don’t have enough time to contact other medics, for them to send additional details about a sufferer, and wait for feedback. Consequently, physicians aren’t able to analyze their patients’ illnesses as deeply as diagnostic software does in the mentioned cases.
On-Premise vs. Cloud Healthcare Software Solutions
On-premise medical applications are much safer. That’s because such apps don’t exchange data through an internet connection. As a result, attackers have few chances to hack the databases of the specified applications. Furthermore, there is a lower information leak probability when using on-premise software.
Cloud medical apps, in turn, don’t require hefty development teams to maintain them. You may use such applications from anywhere with an online connection. Moreover, the mentioned solutions are typically easy-scalable. Cloud-based software also offers many more cooperation opportunities. To gain more info on this topic, visit thematic platforms (such as intetics.com).
Healthcare software solutions can significantly improve your hospital’s quality of service and increase medical personnel’s productivity. Such applications may perform admin duties, control payments, and even make diagnoses. Furthermore, you can use the specified software to provide telemedicine services as well as encourage regular clients or engage new ones.