When dealing with the remodeling tasks, such as cladding your own home, responsible homeowners must discover siding installation steps, panel options, and features. There are dozens of offers on the market, and determining which kind of panels to pick can be grueling at times. Siding is intended for covering outward walls, and it brings an array of functional and visual advantages. First of all, it has an astonishing aesthetic look and can transform any home beyond recognition. It doesn’t matter what panel kind you pick. It will add marketability and an extra layer of protection.
Other advantages are:
- Resistance to any level of damage is one strong point of modernized siding. Panels are designed to protect the walls from harmful effects, such as severe wind, snow, and excessive moisture. Depending on the type, it can be less or more sturdy and impervious to vast types of factors. It is obvious that metal panels are considered the strongest.
- It is often said that cladding boards prevent air from entering the walls of houses, which contributes to the development of fungi and mold on the walls. This reasoning does not correspond to reality because the panel of each type has special gaps for the passage of oxygen or a porous structure. It ensures a sufficient amount of ventilation. Some manufacturers cover the surface with a special substance that prevents mold from growing on the surfaces.
- Depending on the appearance, it can be a seamless style of siding, as well as vertical and horizontal panels. In addition, it is made of various materials — wood, fiber cement, and even ceramics.
- A variety of materials provides a great selection of superior textures, and special colorful coatings allow you to choose any hue.
Any reputable siding company will suggest you select the option depending on the operational condition of the house, climate, and the overall design project. Different exterior types for covering the house may differ in terms of strength, put less or more load on the subsystem that is attached to the walls, require special care, or be completely undemanding in upkeep. It is better to coordinate the choice with a professional.
3 most recognized options for the exterior walls
Stunning vinyl panels. It is the most demanded material. It successfully imitates wood, brick, or natural stone cladding. It can be easily matched to almost any architectural style. It is distinguished by its low price, wide range of shades, long service life, and lightness. However, if one panel is damaged, replacing one sheet will be a tall order. More characteristics of modern vinyl siding:
- does not rot,
- efficiently protects walls,
- easy to install,
A vast selection of textures and colors allows you to realize a wide variety of artistic ideas when decorating a house.
Wooden option of exceptional quality. It is perfect, as wood is eco-friendly, has high thermal insulation, and offers impeccable aesthetic qualities. But, at the same time, it is short-lived and can burn easily. Cladding the house with wood siding is optimal, mostly in warm and dry climates. It can be used for interior decoration. The most unwanted feature is the need for regular and demanding upkeep.
Durable metal choice. This material can withstand temperature changes, and it is fireproof. However, it is prone to deformation and costs a fortune. Among the disadvantages, it should be noted:
- low paint stability,
- the tendency to rust,
- steel panels are heavy and increase the load on the home’s foundation.
To make the final choice wisely, it is pivotal to explore multiple types and how they differ from each other. It is one of the siding installation steps. You can also contact UBrothers Construction for getting extra details and sound remodeling recommendations.