A password is an excellent way of securing our access to varied services. But most of us find it convenient to use the same password on every platform. That’s where the real threat can come into existence. Your weak (easy to guess) password may be used by so many other people out there.
The security breachers out there are expert at guessing your so-called common passwords and access your sensitive information within minutes. So to avoid that, it is highly recommended to keep changing your passwords and use different passwords for each platform.
But it also leads to a very common problem, i.e., remembering passwords. We all forgot passwords, as we have many social media sites, apps, and forums. So to get rid of this problem, you can use a password manager tool. There is a tool known as – password manager. We have brought some best password managers for Windows 10. Let’s have a look.
What are the password managers?
The password managers help you manage tons of passwords and also recommend the best passwords for enhanced security. Changing the passwords frequently and using a strong password is a good strategy, but remembering all of them is a tedious task.
To solve the issue, we can use these password manager apps. These apps are designed with excellent features and high-end security. So you don’t need to worry about your password and its safety anymore.
Why we need password vault apps?
As mentioned earlier, password managers relive us from the pain of memorizing a bunch of passwords. These tools not only manages our login but also keep us updated with our security analysis. Choosing the right online password manager for Windows is a vital job, and here are some things to consider.
How to choose the best password managers?
Before choosing the password manager for your Windows, make sure it can manage all your passwords as well as access to relevant sites and apps. Some of the crucial parameters to consider are as follows:
- Subscription options
- Secure password vault
Hurry? Here are the best password managers of 2020
- Dashlane — Best password managers with safety features
- LastPass — Best free plan for most users
- Sticky Password — Secure local storage feature
- Keeper — Great value with extra security features
Best Password Managers For Windows 10
A password manager is like a digital vault meant to keep your login credentials safe and secure. Some of them also act as an automated web form fillers and hence saves time.
They protect your password and recall them when you need the same. So without further delay, let get started with the best password manager tools for Windows 10.
1. LastPass – Best Password Manager & Vault App
LastPass is one of the best free password manager tools available in the market today. It implies no limits over the number of passwords or devices to use. LastPass features master password creation function, import all saved credentials, free credit monitoring, two-factor authentication, and much more.
It offers the Premium Plan, Families, and four dedicated plans for businesses. It is available for Android and iOS users so that you can use this too for Android password manager also.
We are using this cloud password manager app personally to keep all our passwords safe. So this is the recommended app from our side. We have more than 100 account and passwords which are stored in LastPass password manager.
- Free credit monitoring
- Multiple identities
- Two-factor authentication
- It stores encrypted information on cloud storage
- One-to-one Sharing
- Security challenge feature
- Digital Wallet
- Compatible with mostly all platforms
- Alert you for weak passwords
- Very rare connection timeout
- Password changing can feel a little bit complex
2. Dashlane Password Manager
Dashlane Password Manager is one of the most popularly used password manager apps for Windows 10 and 8 Laptops. Its free version can manage a single device with managing up to 50 account passwords in its vault.
The paid version comes up with various advanced features synchronization of passwords over all your devices, auto-fill web forms, secure file storage, and much more.
- Dark-web monitoring.
- Convenient Password Changer.
- Intuitive interface.
- Zero-knowledge protocol.
- Two-factor authentication feature.
- The premium plan is quite expensive.
- There’s a limit of 50 passwords in the free plan.
3. Sticky Password
Stick password keeper has some fantastic features which make it the most secure password manager tool. This pass manager includes a secure digital vault, auto-form filling, multi-factor authentication, etc.
Sticky Password is an easy to use tool that allows unlimited free password management. You can also use it over all of your devices without any restrictions.
- The free plan doesn’t have any limits on the number of passwords managed or the devices to be used.
- Auto-form filling.
- Secure storage vault.
- Cloud-based backup.
- Great customer support.
4. Keeper Password Manager Tool
Keeper Password Manager is another secure password manager for Windows 10. It offers robust security and encryption features with the ease of usage.
This tool’s Security Audit feature sets it apart. This feature ranks your password strength for better security. It gives 10 GB of cloud storage. It uses two-factor authentication and secure file storage.
- An excellent choice for families.
- It supports biometric authentication.
- It has advanced two-factor authentication.
- KeeperChat messenger app.
- Scans dark web.
- It doesn’t automatically change the password.
5. Roboform Password Manager
Roboform Password Manager is one of the best password manager software. This full-suite password manager offers fabulous automated form filling features and better customization than other password manager tools.
Its password generator uses a unique open-source protocol. It has some unique features that make it stand out as a reliable tool.
- Unique bookmark function.
- It has the best form-filling capabilities.
- Well-integrated across all operating systems.
- Advanced and efficient password manager.
- The interface is not so intuitive.
6. Bitwarden Security Password Manager
Bitwarden Security Password Manager is also an excellent choice for Windows Laptop and Desktops. This free and open-source pass manager tool was launched in 2006.
This handy password generator is available for just $10 a year. This annual plan adds up 1 GB storage for files, a two-step login function, and much more. It also has browser extensions for easy usage without installing the app on the system.
- TOTP verification code generator.
- Data breach reports.
- You can add additional storage for $4 per GB per year.
- It offers browser extensions.
- It stores encrypted data in the cloud for synchronization purposes.
You can try this app to make your system secure – SpyBot Search & Destroy For Windows
Are there any free password managers?
If you are looking for some free password managers, then here is a list. Note that you can use only the free features of these Password managers. For more features, you have to buy a subscription.
KeePass XC is a password manager tool that was started for Windows users but is now available for other platforms as well. It is a completely free tool and is endorsed by the Electronic Frontier Foundation. This open-source software possesses some fantastic advanced features.
- It is free to use.
- This tool is open source.
- It has some advanced features.
- Only useful for advanced users.
- The interface can be confusing for casual users.
NordPass is a password saver tool created by the NordVPN team. We are already aware of the fantastic service and features offered by NordVPN. Likewise, this password manager tool is ideal for best in class password management.
It uses XChaCha20 encryption – the same algorithm that Google uses to secure its data. Its free version allows only one device but unlimited passwords.
- Its built-in 2FA uses email or fingerprint to ensure identity.
- It uses XChaCha20 encryption.
- Zero-knowledge policy.
- Intuitive interface.
- Strong encryption.
- 30-days money-back guarantee.
- The free version allows only one user.
- Its premium version support up to 6 devices.
Does Windows 10 have a password manager?
With the Windows 10 update version 1607, it added a new feature – “Content Delivery Manager.” It silently installs some suggest third party apps like password manager on to your system. But such pre-installed third-party password manager apps are not up to the mark and, on the contrary, can lead to a security breach.
What is the best password manager?
From the list of some best password organizer for Windows 10 in 2020, our vest choice is – Dashlane Password Manager. The reasons behind it are as follows.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- It is the best all-around password manager.
- Super easy, highly secure, and has some great features.
- Its powerful password changer feature is available for both free and premium users.
- It gives dark web monitoring and a VPN.
- It can share an encrypted password with emergency contacts.
Are password managers a good idea?
To get rid of the inconvenience of remembering tons of passwords, having a password manager is a good idea. But before using such tools, it is better to go through its reviews. As we know, the password is one of our most crucial assets, and we should take care of it.
Never install a third-party tool from an unknown source. All the password manager tools mentioned here are well testes and reviewed. These tools are 100% secure password managers.
Thank you for reading our review. Drop your views in the comment area.