Instagram is a social media application that facilitates communication, promotion, live-streaming and sharing anything and everything with your followers, and the world. It also has an additional feature called Instagram direct. Instagram Direct lets you exchange threaded messages with one or more people, and share posts you see in feed and stories as a message and react to the same, only away from the prying eyes of the internet. But if you don’t know about various Instagram Message Recovery software and tricks, you are certainly going to regret it when you have accidentally lost some of your messages.
Why do you need Instagram Message Recovery Techniques?
With a platform that accomplishes this much, accidental deletion of a direct message or two while scrolling or uploading is more common than you would think. But unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t allow users to backup messages or data. So, if you accidentally delete your messages, you are not always able to recover these messages via the app itself, unless you use a third-party option for your Instagram message recovery.
Different Methods for Instagram Message Recovery
In this section, we have discussed the different methods which you can use to get back those Instagram messages. You can use the one that best suits you as we have listed the methods that are Direct as well as Indirect.
Here are some direct methods to recover your deleted Instagram Messages, and you can use them for free.
Instagram Data Download Feature
Instagram message recovery is an online easy seven-step process, and the credit goes to the ‘Data Download’ feature. This is a feature that enables users to download Instagram data, including photos, comments, profile information and more. Please note that it only works one request from your account at a time and it may take up to 48 hours to recover all your messages. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Log in to your Instagram account and open your profile.
- Then, click the Settings icon and then move to the Privacy and Security option.
- From there, locate Data Download and click on the Request Download option below.
- Now, enter the email address where you want to receive your data.
- Finally, click on Next.
Open the inbox of the email account you entered in the previous step and launch the Instagram data recovery mail. You will see the tab to download Instagram data. But, you need to know that the data requested for download can only be downloaded within four days, otherwise, the data will become unavailable for downloading.
Instagram Message Recovery Website Online
This method is a three-step process and a much easier alternative. You can use this to instantly download all your messages in a zip file and access them. The steps to do it are:
- Open the Instagram Direct Message Recovery webpage, and enter your Instagram username.
- After logging into your Instagram, click ‘Recover Messages’. This will commence the Instagram message recovery process.
- Complete Human verification when asked.
- After these facile steps, your deleted messages will be downloaded in a zip file that can be extracted and accessed.
This method does not require you to download any program and hence, is the most preferred method among all. Also, it is a very secure trick for the same.
Use your Connected Facebook Account
Most of you would have noticed that while logging into your Instagram account, you are asked if you’d like to ‘Login with Facebook’. If you go through with the above, your Instagram and Facebook accounts get linked, which brings us our third route to Instagram message recovery. Log in using the Facebook account option. Click Instagram Direct on the left pane, then you can see the deleted conversations.
As most of us know, whenever we delete our Instagram messages, it only gets deleted from your account and not from the second person’s account. Thus, the easiest way of Instagram message recovery, however embarrassing this may sound, is to ask the person to re-send you the messages. This is the only way that avoids all hassles and does not end up with your messages in a zip/HTML file. This method, however, is only preferred by the users if they are on good terms with the individual they are contacting. In the case of promotional and professional DMs, you’re more likely to choose one of the methods mentioned above due to the fear of sounding unprofessional or irresponsible.
Indirect Methods (Third Party Softwares)
Here are some methods that you can with the help of other software, and you need to use the paid version after a free trial period.
The FoneLab messages recovery program is the topmost choice for helping you both recover and view the deleted data. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Download the software from the link given below.
- Now run the software on the PC, after connecting the mobile device.
- After the program starts, select ‘Start Scan’.
- Click on ‘Instagram’ for checking all your Instagram messages. Red messages indicate erased DMs, which you can now recover at just one click.
This is a good method for Instagram message recovery that works well for both iOS and Android users. You should give it a try.
EaseUS MobiSaver is another tool designed to help undelete lost or deleted photos, messages, videos, or other files in an iDevices. These devices can be an Apple Phone, iPad or anything else that works on a similar OS. To use this method, here are the steps:
- Connect iDevice with PC and launch the software on it.
- Choose ‘Recover from iOS Device’ and click ‘Scan’. Review and choose the lost data you want to recover such as Instagram photos and messages.
- Click ‘Recover’ to save those data to a safe spot in on PC and complete your Instagram message recovery process.
Get EaseUS MobiSaver
You can also use dr.fone for Instagram Message Recovery, and it can help the users easily to recover deleted Instagram direct messages from any device. Here are the steps that you can use to recover deleted Instagram messages.
- Download the software from the link given below. And then install it.
- To start the recovery process, the software requires launching and scanning.
- Now, select the type of data you want to recover, to recover Instagram messages on your Android/iOS.
- Although you can’t see the ‘Instagram’ item, select ‘App Document’. The red marked messages are the ones that you have deleted.
- Now, select the messages you want to recover and click ‘Recover’ to retrieve the deleted Instagram messages from the iPhone to the computer.
You will be able to download the deleted messages in HTML or CSV file within a few moments.
Above is a detailed guide on how to restore deleted messages online or via other freeware programs. Instagram’s official page provides two very helpful data recovery services, so you can recover the Instagram direct messages. However, no service in the world has a 100 percent success rate, which is why software like dr.fone, EaseUS MobiSaver, and FoneLab are developed to help users with Instagram message recovery. If you face any difficulties, you can simply let us know in the comments.