For proper working of router, one needs to have at least some basic information. Netgear wired and wireless routers are the highest and the most advanced form of technology with which you can share the network with all the connected devices. But there is a wide range of network issues that one faces while using Netgear routers. For instance, problems in the wireless access point, wireless USB adapters, and extenders. But all the troubleshooting depends on the type of router. So today we are going to discuss various ways by which you can fix Netgear router not working issue.
While some router problems can be fixed without any professional help, some of them need expert support. So here are a few methods to troubleshoot the Netgear router won’t connect to Internet problem.
Basic Netgear Troubleshooting
- Resetting Netgear Wireless Router settings should be your last step to fix the no Internet issue. Yes with just a simple reboot or a power restart you can actually resolve the Netgear router not working issues. Check out some basic troubleshooting ways for connectivity issues.
- Restart your Internet router and modem. Plug out the power cable from both router and modem and then wait for a few seconds. Now plug back the cable and restart your system.
- Wait for a minute and check the Internet light of the two devices. If the modem light is there, then it means that your Internet Service provider is supplying Internet.
- Then check your router’s light. The restart step might help you in this process.
After completing these steps, switch to the next section. It’s time to test the Internet connection from the service provider and the modem.
- Connect your system and modem with an Ethernet Cable. It means that you need to disconnect the cable from the Internet port of the router and connect it to the system or laptop.
- After changing the connection, make sure that you restart both computer and modem, and turn your wireless router off.
- Now if the internet is working good with your system then all the three components that is the Ethernet cable, modem and your system are fine.
- But if it doesn’t work, then you can contact your service provider or customer care for further assistance.
Reset Netgear Router to Default to Fix Wi-Fi Router not Working
If the basic troubleshooting issue doesn’t work for you, then you can reset the router to default settings. Follow the steps given below to reset and configure your Netgear router.
Step 1: Turn your router to face the back portion. Now with the help of a paperclip or pen, press the reset key for about 30 seconds.
Step 2: As you will hold the reset key, you will observe that all the lights are blinking on the router. This means that the settings are being reset.
Step 3: Now restart your router and modem once again. After restarting, configure it just like a new router.
This is one way to fix the Router connectivity issue. But in case the Netgear router not working after reset also, then you can try the next method.
Configure Netgear Wireless Router to Fix Router not Connecting to the Internet
Netgear wireless router not working issue can also be fixed by a soft reset and configuring the router. Follow these steps given below for a soft reset of the router.
Sep 1: Connect the Netgear wireless router to your system. Also, make sure that your modem is also connected to the router via Ethernet cable.
Step 2: Now login to your Router’s setup page using the following default Gateway web address or IP address. Enter www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.0.1. In case this doesn’t work then you can try www.routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1 as the address.
Step 3: You will be asked to enter the default Username and password. You can use any of these variations for Netgear router login-
- Username: Admin; Password: Admin
- Username: Admin; Password: Password
Step 4: After logging in, navigate to the Backup Settings of your router. There you will be able to see the Revert to Factory Default Settings option.
Step 5: Under this option, choose Erase and your Router settings will reset to factory default. After this, you might be asked to restart your modem and router.
Reboot the devices. And then try to reset your Netgear router again. This will help you fix Netgear wireless router not working issue.
Fix Netgear Router not Working by Updating the Firmware
Another potential way to resolve the Netgear Router no Internet connection is by resetting the firmware of the router. In case it is outdated, then you will have to do a software upgrade and keep performing a maintenance check. The process is quite similar to the previous one.
Step 1: Make sure that you are connected to the Internet. Then to check for updates, log in to the default Netgear router Setup page.
Step 2: Type the default web address or the IP address. Use www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.0.2 and if it doesn’t work then you can also try www.routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1.
Step 4: Give the default username and password to log in. And after logging in, check for any updates.
Step 5: In case of any pending updates, just upgrade it. Then restart your system to check if the issue resolves and the Internet is working.
So this was all about the guide on how to fix Netgear router not working problem. But in case these above methods don’t work for you, then you can take some expert help. Also, you can leave your queries or suggestions in the comment section.