If you are using Windows 10 then you have faced the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen of death Error while working with some important projects. Among all the Blue Screen of Death Errors, the DPC Watchdog Violation error is irritating and frustrating. After installing window 10, users have reported this issue on the Microsoft forum.
DPC Watchdog Violation errors were quite common when Windows 10 was first introduced. If you’re using Windows computers, particularly Windows 8 / 8.1 and Windows 10, then you might be familiar with the DPC Watchdog Violation mistake since it was becoming one of the most frequent mistakes in the Windows platform.
If this error is happening on your Windows computer, you aren’t alone because I’ve received many reports from users that faced this issue before. What exactly the DPC Watchdog Violation error is and how to fix this annoying issue?
What’s DPC Watchdog Violation Error?
DPC Watchdog Violation is a frequent problem in the Windows operating system and there are many reasons for this error including the old SSD driver version, hardware incompatibility problems, or system files are corrupt.
Solutions to Repair DPC Watchdog Violation Error
As I mentioned previously, I have received many questions from Windows 10 users that faced this issue before. So, I’ve made this article with useful procedures and guides. When this problem keeps occurring, and that you’re tired of celebrating the incidence of things ever again, here are a couple of solutions that you got to get a go. Here in this report, we’re going to share some very best and simple techniques to fix the DPC Watchdog Violation error in Windows 10. If this DPC Watchdog Violation Win 10 mistake is occurring on your Windows computer, you are not alone experienced this issue before. It was because of compatibility issues with certain smartphones.
Knowing what the issue is and what causes this isn’t essential when we’re only interested in fixing it. You don’t need to reinstall Windows OS or remove softwares.
Method 1: Update chipset driver
- Press Win + X > click Device Manager > Expand IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
- Right-click on SATA ACHI controller > click Properties.
- Click Update Driver > Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick > Click Standard SATA AHCI Controller > Next.
- Follow on-screen instructions and then Restart your computer.
Method 2: Update available drivers
Old and outdated drivers are the main reason for DPC Watchdog Violation. So, first of all, confirm that you are using updated drivers for all the hardware devices. Go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest version of a driver. This is a time-consuming process. But there is one tool to do the process. The tool will automatically find and update all drivers.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and scan for all driver updates.
Method 3: Turn off fast startup
- Go to Control Panel and select View by Large icons, click Power Options.
- Click Choose what the power button does > Change settings > Un-tick Turn on fast startup > Save changes. (Check below images)
Method 4: Perform a disk check
- Open cmd as administrator > Type chkdsk /f /r and press Enter.
- Enter Y and wait. Till the process completed.
- You will be notified once done.
Restart your PC to see whether the issue is solved. If you’re still experiencing the issue, then please comment below, and I will try my very best to help you.
More Windows 10 guides from thewindowscentral: