If you are in a business that values analytics, you might have heard of Google Analytics or at least used the current Universal Analytics (UA). Google Analytics is currently in the process of switching to the new Google Analytics 4, commonly known as GA4. This new option has numerous new features that promise better and more detailed analytics for all kinds of businesses.
If you are already using Universal Analytics, it is good to know that Google will stop offering support for this version in mid-2023. Within this time, all businesses using the UA should migrate to enjoy the new option. On top of that, it is essential for these companies to conduct Google Analytics 4 training so that all of their employees are conversant with the new version. For now, new businesses should embrace the new GA4 already in place.
Why Should You Switch to GA4
The main reason why Google has introduced the new GA4 is to adapt to device changes. Mobile device use took first place in the current world as opposed to desktops in 2013, when UA was first introduced. Google wants to make their analytics mobile-friendly, which is one of the reasons why you should consider a fresh Google Analytics 4 training in your business, even if you have been using universal analytics.
As mentioned, the new GA4 has a lot of new features to improve the tracking, analyzing, and reporting of data. Therefore, users should expect a relatively new environment when they switch or start using Google Analytics 4. With this, a business cannot avoid the Google Analytics 4 training, which should be done by an expert.
Lastly, Google has announced that the new analytics tool has new data privacy and protection features that will improve the data handling integrity to global standards and better. This is also covered in most training courses out there.
What Is Google Analytics 4 Training?
We have already mentioned the GA4 training, but you might be wondering what it is all about. This is professional training on every important thing you or your employees needs to know about Google Analytics 4. Perusing information on the web is not enough. You need well-organized training by experts to ensure a smooth transition, adaptation to the new analytics tool, and efficient use to analyze data.
This training is eligible for two main users:
- Those who are transitioning from UA to GA4 – If you have been using the Google Analytics tool, there is no way you will be locked out after migration. So, you definitely need to migrate before the deadline. As such, your team should go through the Google Analytics 4 training right now so that there is enough time to learn and understand the new analytics environment.
- New users – Those who are entering into Google Analytics for the first time are offered the GA4 right now. While they don’t need to migrate, they need to understand the new environment through appropriate Google Analytics 4 training. Using the analytics for the first time means that your teams may have no clue about how it works. Therefore, the training should be thorough. The time to take a course is now.
How Do You Choose the Right GA4 Training Course?
Right now, many people are offering Google Analytics 4 training on the web through a course covering all the important details. As you choose a course that suits your news, ensure that you check the details of the course. It should cover theory and practicals so that the team can understand how GA4 works.
Peruse the web to see all offered Google Analytics 4 training courses and check the reputation of the provider. Their websites have a lot of information, and it is easy to pick up on red flags or signs that they have the best training course.
Consider the pricing as well. You can compare the prices of different courses against what they offer. The goal is to get value for money, especially if you have a large team
What is Covered in the GA4 Training Course?
Google has a list of all important concepts that should be covered, and this is what an appropriate course by a professional trainer should cover. Here are some of the topics:
- The migration processes – This is mostly for those who are moving from UA to GA4. The migration is an important process that keeps your original data and allows you to continue working on it in the new environment. The course curriculum will show you at what point the team will learn the migration process. The experts will also oversee the migration process to ensure that the team does not make costly mistakes, such as losing important data and processes.
- Tracking and analytics – The new GA4 has new analytics features, while the old ones have been made better. This means that there is a lot of potential in the new environment, and the team needs to understand it well through a GA4 Training course. They include tracking codes, events tracking, e-commerce tracking, advanced analytics, and more.
- Data privacy and protection – Although the UA has this feature, your team will cover the new approach to data privacy and protection used in GA4. New users will enjoy this feature for the first time, improving your data integrity.
- User attribution – Google Analytics is all about interacting with business user data. Therefore, the GA4 training course should help new and UA users interact with users and track their data appropriately. This is important for understanding how your clients interact with your business.
- Other features – Many other features are covered in the Google Analytics 4 training. Therefore, you should embrace this to prepare your team for the best Google Analytics tool ever.
From the insights we have shared, it is clear that Google Analytics 4 training is very important for a business or organization using Universal Analytics. It is also important for those who have never used Google Analytics and want to get started. Now that you have all of the important insights, it is easy to make the right decisions.